Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We didn't really run, so don't let the picture fool you.

My nephew William is always so happy!


We had a lot of fun on Memorial Day weekend! On Saturday, I walked in the "Live wElle" 5k here in Springville with my family. I stole the 5k picture above from my sister's blog :). The race was a great event that honored the family of my parent's bishop and their ability to overcome challenges. The race went down my parents' street and as we passed their house both times, my mom and I thought we should just quit there and go in for a Pepsi. But we didn't and we finished the whole thing. James got to play some sand volleyball that morning, so he of course really enjoyed that. He didn't feel like getting up at 7:30 to walk with me. Why not James?
On Monday, we spent most of the day outside. We went up Diamond Fork Canyon and had a picnic lunch and went on a little hike. After that everyone rested and we had a bbq for dinner at my parents' house. It's so great that my family lives so close because we are really enjoying the barbeques and summer fun. After Memorial Day weekend we didn't want to go back to work. But we took our sun-burned faces back for two whole days and then took Thursday and Friday off to enjoy a little Anniversary vacation!

No comments: