Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
I know it has been a long time, but really, our lives are not too exciting. Not a whole lot to blog about lately. Over the past two months, we have basically just been working, eating dinners with the Farish family (thanks Mom! - I haven't cooked in more than a month), celebrating my birthday, going to the pumpkin patch, and carving pumpkins and trick-or-treating with the Rees family. We have been enjoying the fall weather, but don't look forward to the winter. We did just get back from a trip to California, so once I get those pictures off of the camera I will have one thing to blog about!
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Saturday, May 31, 2008
tiny half bath
3 beds, 2 1/2 bath
Thursday, May 29, 2008
James and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary on Tuesday! We celebrated by going out to Ruby River Steakhouse for dinner and it was great!
James brought me two dozen roses to work and bought me some of my favorite things....Swedish fish and a caramel apple. He also got me two pair of running shorts. James wanted a motherboard for our anniversary. And I, of course, cannot pick out motherboards, nor do I want to, nor do I know what they are.......so James gets to pick one out for himself. I dropped off a pretzel with nacho cheese dip to his work for him and when I asked if he got it, he said "Yep, I pounded it." Guess that's a good thing??
It was so nice to spend Memorial Day together on Monday without having to go to work. We are really excited to plan an anniversary trip in September to San Diego (we think) when we have some more vacation time available from work.
The last two years have been so wonderful! When I think about when James and I were first married, I remember how I was over-the-top in love with him. And when I think about our marriage now, I am amazed that I can love James even more than I did then. I am so lucky to have a such a great guy.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Jay finally made it home from Korea (with us for a little while) and we were able to have the Farish family get together all in the same place for the first time in about five years! We were so lucky to have the whole family come up from California this past weekend for Ryan's graduation and my cousin, Whitney's wedding. We had a great time together and just wish the time didn't go by as fast as it did!!
Sunday, April 13, 2008
What Were You Doing 10 Years Ago?
1998- I was a high school junior. We’ll leave it at that.
5 Things on My To-Do List:
1. Decide which townhouse to buy! Aaargh!
2. Finish reading New Moon
3. Work on my personal history project
4. Clean the house because my family and B&T are coming in 2 weeks…yeah!
5. Work-out (that conveniently gets left out most days)
5 Snacks I Enjoy:
1. Carmel Apples (Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory…..woot woot!)
2. Parmesan Goldfish crackers
3. Popcorn (all kinds)
4. Swedish fish
5. Pepsi with pebble ice
5 Places I've Lived:
1. Torrance, CA (birth to age 17)
2. Provo, UT (BYU years, excluding summers)
3. Austin, TX (for 6 months after getting married)
4. Orem, UT (Oct'06-present)
5. That’s it….
5 Jobs I've Had:
1. Tomassito’s Pizza Supervisor at BYU (tossed the dough and everything!)
2. Data entry at Beemak Plastics (during summer break from BYU)
3. Reading Tutor / First Grade Aide at Canyon Crest Elementary
4. Director of Kids Connection Daycare
5. Radiology Billing Clerk (thanks Tiff!)
5 Things You May Not Know About Me:
1. I was a cheerleader in 8th grade….I can do a “near perfect” herkie.
2. My favorite type of music is hip-hop (James calls it “ghetto slam”)
3. I really, really hate ants
4. I have a secret crush on Matt Damon…. :) (j/k)
5. I signed up to run a half marathon in August (we’ll see how that goes…yikes)
I tag….Tiffany, Katie, and Brittney. Have fun!!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Things I learned during this trip to Vegas:
1. When you’ve seen one casino, you’ve seen them all.
2. Don’t wear BYU gear around Las Vegas after losing to UNLV (unless you feel especially feisty).
3. There are some rare instances when BYU fans cheer for Utah (…only when you really want Utah to beat UNLV).
4. Hard Rock Café is really LOUD…but you can still have your wedding there.
5. If you don’t feel like smelling like smoke, well, you probably shouldn’t go to Vegas.
6. The waitress at Olive Garden treats you like royalty….but the IHOP waitress doesn’t exactly remember you exist.
7. Driving around during rush hour is entirely stupid. You can watch almost all of Transformers and still have only crawled 3 blocks.
8. The zoo in Las Vegas is more like a…well, words really can’t describe it.
9. Parking garages can actually fill up.
10. It’s utterly pointless to argue with drunk people.
Some of my favorite sayings from the local yocals:
“They wouldn’t hold a conference tournament in Provo….who would come?”
“BYU?!? Are you kidding me? Go Rebels!”
“Are you here for the BYU v. UNLV game?”
“What does B-Y-U stand for?”
“Are any of you 21? Oh, nevermind…BYU”
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Monday was probably the worst day of my life so far! I was feeling great on Sunday...but when 3:30am rolled around, I woke up sick to my stomach. Over the next 3 hours I threw up about 10 or 11 times and took two baths. I finally asked James to take me to the emergency room because I could not stop throwing up. I arrived with my bucket in hand and they took me right in. I got an IV and a few doses of nausea medication at the hospital and they told me that I had some kind of intestinal virus. A couple hours later, I went home with some nausea medicine, glad that I would stop throwing up. Not really the case. The rest of the day was awful and I continued to have horrible stomach pain and throw up until 6pm. I was finally able to eat Jell-O on Tuesday afternoon and an "Uncrustable" sandwich for dinner. I stayed home from work on Tuesday as well because I still felt like a zombie, but I finally feel great! It is illnesses like these (although this is the worst I've ever had it) that make me grateful to be healthy! And now the weather is so nice and I feel good...I feel like a new person! Sorry this may have been gross to read. At least you weren't James! I feel so bad to have put him through that, but so lucky to have him take care of me all day on Monday and for my mom having her suitcase packed, flights checked, and a ride arrainged from the airport, to come out early Tuesday morning if I wasn't going to stop being sick. I wouldn't have let her come, but it is nice to know how much she cared! I am one lucky girl (well except on Monday & Tuesday). And hey, I lost 6 pounds...don't recommend it though.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
I know almost the end of February, but I don't really have much to post, so I thought I'd post some pictures from Valentine's Day. We decided not to go out to dinner on Valentine's because of the long waits, so we went to lunch at Costa Vida and then had "noodles" (if you're a Rees you know what noodles are) for dinner instead. We had a nice day. James brought flowers home for me and got me my favorite perfume. I bought James some Nike sweatpants and made him a card. As you can see, I am slightly more excited about my gifts than James is. Enjoy the pictures :)
Monday, February 4, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
James and I spent Christmas with the Farish family this year. We left on Christmas eve and spent 6 days in Torrance, CA. Since we didn't want to bring our presents down to CA, we opened most of them at home. Here are some pictures of that experience and some of our time down in CA. We spent time with the Farish family...visiting the beach, going to the Maritime museum, walking around Downtown Disney, and watching the Men's USA volleyball team practice.
The most exciting part of the Christmas vacation was the exciting news we received. First, John & Keri announced that they are going to have their second baby! And second, Jay is going to be transfered from Korea to Fort Sill, OK in March of this year, and he will hopefully be able to visit home before reporting to duty and we will be able to meet Hyo Jung and Mya! What a great Christmas!!