Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Halloween!






Jimmer was the Very Hungry Caterpillar this Halloween.  We chose this costume since the "Big Fat Caterpillar" is one of Jimmer's favorite books right now (Thanks for giving us the book Angela!).  Jimmer actually wore his costume on Halloween and he was happy!!  He had a great time trick-or-treating!  I couldn't believe it and I was pretty thrilled!  We were, however, prepared for the worst since I tried to put his costume on him about a week earlier and he completely freaked out.  I mean it was a BIG freak-out!  I figured the only way he was going to wear this costume was to cut the (hand-sewn) seam along the right side of his costume and make it so he could put it on like a coat and velcro it up instead of pulling it over his head.  So his costume definitely did not look as good as when it was hand-sewn, when you couldn't see any velcro, when the sides were more even, and when I would have had the time I was planning on to make the caterpillar feet, etc. But he wore it and that's all we're happy about.  The day after Halloween, Jimmer said "I love trick-or-treats."

1 comment:

Our Ohana said...

That costume is awesome! Love it.