Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ready for Christmas!

We can't wait for Christmas around here and we're excited that Dad has a week off after Christmas!! Yah!!
Jimmer turns 6 months on Christmas Eve and he's doing pretty well. At his doctor's appointment on Monday he weighed 15 lbs 11 oz and was 26 1/2 inches long. The doctor said that his weight is normal for a baby born under 7 lbs. And apparently Jimmer has a big noggin. Hopefully his body catches up with his head soon :).
Jimmer was sleeping through the night for about a week and then started waking up again (once or twice a night). At our appointment, Dr. Freestone asked how he was sleeping and then told me that I needed to let him cry at night because he is just waking up out of habit now :(. Last night we let him cry and the crying lasted on and off for about an hour and a half. Hopefully it won't take too many more nights to get back to sleeping through the night because it just broke my heart. I'm trying to tell Jimmer it was the mean doctor's fault. I don't know if he believes me.
We also have to schedule an ultrasound for the back of Jimmer's neck because he has a fatty lump back there. The doctor thinks it is just fat around some lymph nodes, but wants to make sure it is not a cyst. Don't know how he'll treat it if it is.
Other than that, James and I are just enjoying life with Jimmer and getting excited for the holidays. Not really the snow...but the holidays. I'm already talking about how I can't wait for summer, and we just had the first day of winter...yikes.

1 comment:

Elke said...

I'm a firm believer in letting them cry. It's sad, but has only lasted about three nights, then they're programmed and so rested. Good luck!